ROBERT V. MARROW began his career as a trial lawyer with Wachtel, Manheim & Grouf in New York City. Later, Bob founded the Law Office of Robert V. Marrow where he practiced for the next 5 years before becoming partner and head of litigation for Salon Marrow.
Bob has tried cases and argued appeals in the Federal Courts of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C., as well as in the New York State Supreme, Civil and Criminal Courts. Some of the notable cases he has handled include Roche Products, Inc. v. Bolar Pharmaceutical Co. and Ives Laboratories, Inc. v. Darby Drug Co., Inc., which involved patents and trademarks.
Bob left private practice to serve as general counsel to Circa Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a generic drug manufacturer publicly traded on the American Stock Exchange. He counseled Circa regarding joint ventures, strategic alliances and matters involving insurance, labor, real estate, and compliance with regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Food and Drug Administration as well as other federal and state agencies. When Circa merged with Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a company traded on the New York Stock Exchange, Bob supervised Circa’s due diligence in that transaction. Following the transaction, Bob returned to Salon Marrow as Special Counsel. He now practices real estate law and counsels small businesses in New York City.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- Bard College
- Brickman v. Brickman Estate at the Point, Inc.,253 A.D.2d 812; 677 N.Y.S.2d 600 (App. Div. 2nd Dep’t. 1998), appeal denied, 92 N.Y.2d 488, 92 N.Y.2d 817 (1998).
- Roche Products, Inc. v. Bolar Pharmaceutical Co., Inc., 733 F. 2nd 858 (Fed. Cir. 1984)
- Ives Laboratories, Inc. v. Darby Drug Co., 456 US 844, (1982)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator
Past Employment Positions
- United States Army
- Circa Pharmaceuticals, Inc., General Counsel