RICHARD P. ROMEO is responsible for all phases (pleadings, motions, discovery, hearings, trials and appeals) of federal and state court litigation and arbitration in cases involving commercial and corporate law matters, including bankruptcy, brokers’ commissions, commercial real estate, construction, corporate dissolution, employment law, enforcement of judgments, ICC filed rate, letters of credit, mechanics liens, prevailing wage law, public bidding contracts, restrictive covenants and non-solicitation agreements, sales and services contracts, sovereign immunity, textile and apparel trade secrets, unemployment compensation and wrongful termination.
In addition to litigation experience, Richard has considerable experience in matters relating to employment law and human resources issues. He has represented clients in a wide variety of employment related matters, including employee termination and severance agreements and post-employment restrictive covenants.
Richard serves as a Trustee and a Secretary of the Board of Trustees of Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- Muhlenberg College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Muhlenberg College, Secretary, Board of Trustees
- Muhlenberg College, former Associate Trustee
- Village of Mount Kisco, New York, former Deputy Mayor
- Village of Mount Kisco, New York, former Village Trustee
- Management Advisory Board, MTA Office of the Inspector General, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member