RICHARD H. LEWIS handles estate planning, corporate/business matters and real estate transactions. He has been advising privately held businesses for more than 20 years, and brings to his estate planning and business practice expertise in succession planning for family-owned businesses. His trusts and estates practice encompasses all aspects of estate planning, including preparation of wills and trusts, counseling individuals on estate, gift, and generation-skipping tax issues, and charitable giving. Rick supervises the administration of estates from probate through final distribution, including all dealings with federal and state tax authorities.
Rick’s corporate practice includes representing buyers and sellers in negotiated stock and asset purchases; preparation of stockholders and partnership agreements, LLC operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, and employment agreements. Rick also handles commercial and residential real estate transactions, including acquisitions, commercial leasing and financing.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning and Wealth Protection
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Real Estate
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- St. John’s University School of Law, Queens, New York
- Hobart College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Trusts and Estates Law Section; Elder Law Section
- American Bar Association, Member, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section